Neck Pain Treatment: What Are Your Options?
Due to staring at phone screens and other environmental trauma, many people experience chronic neck pain.
Neck pain isn't an isolated nuisance: It can also trigger suffering in other areas of the body, such as headaches and numbness in the extremities.
This pain can radiate through the whole body, reducing your productivity and overall quality of life.
Fortunately, you have plenty of natural neck pain treatment options for targeting your suffering at its source.
What Are the Common Causes of Neck Pain?
Neck pain is often triggered by acute trauma or long-term damage to the vertebrae, discs, and muscles throughout your spinal cord.
- Herniated, bulging, and degenerative discs in the neck and spine
- Subluxations: When vertebrae shift out of place due to long-term poor posture or environmental trauma
- Facet syndrome: Irritation and inflammation between the joints in your vertebrae
- External stress and misuse
- Poor posture and prolonged sitting
- "Text neck" from looking at your phone
Several factors on this list may work together to create a recipe for disaster, resulting in neck pain, headaches, and the whole body suffering.
Natural Neck Pain Treatment Options
Over-the-counter medications can certainly help reduce some of your pain, but these options don't do much to alleviate pain at its source.
By properly aligning the vertebrae in your spinal cord, you can reduce or eliminate your neck pain for good. Here are three popular natural neck pain treatment options:
- Chiropractic care for aligning vertebrae in the neck and spine
- VAX-D Spinal Decompression: Controlled tension gently stretches and decompresses the discs in your spinal cord and neck
- Cox Distraction: A gentle and nonsurgical procedure that gradually reduces pressure on the vertebrae through push-and-pull motions and rotations
Chiropractic care isn't a once-size-fits-all solution. Each treatment is entirely customized based on your personal condition and needs.