How to Know if You Have a Hidden Work or Car Accident Injury
Hidden injuries can be extremely serious problems. Unfortunately, they are easily missed and often times, treated improperly. The sooner you find out that you have a hidden injury, the sooner you can start a treatment plan to resolve it and get you out of pain as soon as possible. Wouldn’t it be nice to finally be pain-free and live your life the same way you did before the accident?
Well, if you do find out that you are suffering from a hidden injury, then you can rest easy knowing what is causing your pain and that it can be treated. Imagine being pain-free without pills, shots, physical therapy, and the thought of surgery.
How terrific would that be? Wouldn’t you rather be healthy and alive once again, rather than living in misery and frustration? Aren’t you tired of constantly going back? To your doctor without getting better? Doctors have an ethical and moral obligation to present options to their patients, especially when they know that some of those options are better than the present care their patients are receiving. Do you believe that every doctor does this?……..knowing that they may not see the patient again?
Common Hidden Soft Tissue lnjury Symptoms:
Numbness And Tingling
Low Back Pain
The Shocking Truth About Using Pain Relievers, Physical Therapy, and Surgery To Relieve Your Pain
Let’s assume you are experiencing neck pain. How will your doctor attempt to treat you? Well, rather than go after the cause of the problem he or she can’t find, many doctors will attempt to cover up your pain with over-the-counter (OTC) drugs and other move powerful pain relievers.
These drugs only work by sabotaging your body’s ability to register pain. They do absolutely nothing to fix the problem causing the pain. So, while these drugs are sweeping the dirt under the rug, you’re giving the illusion you’re actually okay. This is dangerous.
1. Accident victims on pain medication are more likely to settle their case. The insurance companies use this to their advantage so don’t make hasty decisions while on pain relief medication. It may come back to haunt you later.
2. Usually under pain relief medication, you are more likely to worsen your injury! Pain is a warning signal that there is something wrong or you are doing something to make your condition worse. When you are on pain medication, you obviously do not feel pain. Therefore, you will not know when you do something that actually makes your condition worse because you will not feel the pain it causes. Have you ever had a sprained ankle? What happens if you keep walking on it rather than resting it for a few days? It gets worse. Imagine if you walked on that same ankle and didn’t feel pain. Wouldn’t it continue to get worse? Of course! The damaged ligaments and muscles still have to heal and get stronger.
The same is true for these hidden injuries in your neck and back. Yes, you read that correctly! You may be hurting yourself by taking those seemingly harmless drugs!
That’s not to mention the side effects of using these drugs. Many medications cause serious kidney, stomach, or liver problems. It is a known fact that non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs cause many problems. A good example is ibuprofen, which is commonly taken by auto accident victims. Ibuprofen is the generic form of motrin and advil. So you may be taking these pills just to get through a day’s work, while it causes other health problems.
Once the medication doesn’t work, you are either sent to a physical therapist and if that doesn’t work, to a surgeon. Don’t you want to undergo all forms of conservative care before undergoing risky surgery? Often times surgeries, especially in the neck and back, will only result in a short period of pain relief at best. Many have to be repeated and will never get you out of complete pain. Plus, there’s the added risk of infection and anesthesia problems, not to mention other side effects that aren’t too uncommon when it comes to any type of surgery. Then there is missed time off from work, post-surgical care, and rehabilitation for weeks or months at a time. Do you really think surgery is a good choice when there are still otheroptions?
Discover Possible Hidden Work Injuries
Dr. Jay Schwartz has over 30 Years of Experience Treating Patients Like Yourself! Dr. Schwartz a Board Certified Chiropractic Neurologist, one of the few in the country and I Have Taken a Series of Post-Graduate Certification Courses in Whiplash and Traumatic Injuries Which Included:
- Long and short term effects of soft tissue injuries
- Accident reconstruction where we review the potential damage various types of accidents can cause to individuals with and without seatbelts.
- Evaluation and Management of Traumatic Soft Tissue Injuries.
- The Biomechanics of the Spine and How It Reacts to Different Types of Forces Placed On It
- The Effects of Slow Speed Accidents vs. High Speed
Dr. Schwartz, Bradenton Chiropractor, has used drug-free and surgery-free methods to help auto accident victims just like you get out of pain as quickly and easily as possible.
In fact, he's been so successful with helping people just like yourself get out of pain, that we’ve focused a majority of our practice and skills on doing just that----getting auto and workers’ compensation accident patients better and keeping them that way. There’s nothing that pleases me more than to help patients like you!
Why is it important to treat your injuries properly and quickly? Not doing so may allow any injuries you do have to get progressively worse, possibly making them more difficult to treat in the future.
Very often, herniated, degenerated and bulging discs cause back, neck, arms and leg pain. Unlike orthopedists, neurologists, physical therapists and most other chiropractors, we have specific non-surgical treatments to address your disc problems and not just treat the symptoms.
If you have been involved in a work accident or car accident, don't let a hidden injury hinder your health and wellness. Call us today at (941) 584-8474